Website Terms and Conditions
By submitting an online application, you are:
- applying for finance from Ashley Finance Limited or Ashley Business Finance Limited, both of which are Ultimate Finance Group companies;
- confirming to us that any details you have supplied are true and correct;
- authorising us to make credit reference, fraud prevention and other enquiries in connection with this application as detailed below;
- acknowledging your full understanding where we have explained the consequences of such enquiries and the use we will make of the information we obtain about you and its disclosure; and
- authorising us to disclose information to licensed credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies and others as set out below.
By making this application you confirm that you have obtained the agreement of all persons to the submission of data or that you are authorised to provide it to us. Please ensure that you bring this notice to the attention of all directors, shareholders, signatories and or guarantors of the company in which we may be required to perform identification and verification checks on at any time throughout the lifecycle of this arrangement so that they are aware of it and its effects. Where any shareholder, signatory or guarantor changes, please also bring it to their attention so that they are also aware.
HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED
When considering your application we will use the information we obtain from you or others in deciding whether to enter into any agreement with you or continue with it.
We will decide whether and upon what terms to enter into an agreement with you.
We will also use your information for training purposes, credit or financial assessment, market and product analysis and preparing statistics.
WHAT SEARCHES WE WILL CONDUCT
Information may be requested from a Credit Reference Agency search and Fraud Prevention Agency search. Our searches will be added to your record and will be seen by other organisations that make searches with those agencies.
We will also check your identity with our Credit Reference Agency, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
We and other organisations may use and search your record at our Credit Reference Agency and Fraud Prevention Agency to check details about:
- credit and credit related services or other facilities;
- you and members of your household;
- trace debtors;
- recover debt;
- prevent money laundering and fraud;
- manage your accounts or insurance policies; and
- check details of job applicants and employees.
HOW WE DEAL WITH FRAUD AND MONEY LAUNDERING
If false or inaccurate information is provided or another form of fraud is identified, details including the names of the Company Directors at the time of the fraud, will be passed to Fraud Prevention Agencies.
Law Enforcement Agencies may also access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use your information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- checking details on applications for credit and credit related accounts or other facilities;
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
We and other organisations may also access and use information from other countries recorded by Fraud Prevention Agencies.
WHO WE WILL SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may give information about you, any proposed facility, live facility and your performance thereunder to:
any proposed guarantor or indemnifier of your obligations to us – so they can decide whether to proceed; and any banker or adviser acting on our or your behalf so they can carry out their services to us or you. We also share personal data for crime, fraud prevention and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders.
Below are details of those Credit Reference Agencies, Fraud Prevention Agencies and other third parties referred to above from whom we obtain information about you:
The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ
0115 941 0888
6th Floor, Lynton House 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9LT
GB GROUP PLC
The Foundation Herons Way Chester Business Park Chester CH4 9GB
You have a legal right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information you will need to submit a Subject Access Request in writing with proof of identity to the Group’s Data Protection Officer, Ashley Finance Limited/Ashley Business Finance Limited, 8th Floor, 80 Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3FX. A fee of £10.00 will be payable.
From time to time we may contact you by letter, phone, fax or e-mail to keep you informed about services and products which we consider may be of interest to you or to carry out market research about our products and services or those of third parties.
If you do not wish to receive such information then please let us know by writing to the Marketing Department at Linden House, Almondsbury Business Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4QH.
We never pass your information to external third parties for direct marketing purposes.
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We cannot however guarantee the security of any information you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
Our commitment to you
At the Ultimate Finance Group we do our utmost to provide each customer with service that is unfailingly fair, swift and courteous. However, if you feel that we have failed in this regard and you’d like to complain we’ll deal with the issues promptly, effectively and in a positive manner.
- Should you be dissatisfied with our service and wish to make a formal complaint, please email the Group Complaints Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints must be submitted by an officer of the business (such as a director or proprietor) or a guarantor.
- Within 1 working day we will email you to confirm that we have received your complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint promptly and do our utmost to provide you with a final response within one week. If we are unable to do this for any reason we will update you on progress at the end of that week, then give you subsequent progress reports weekly after that.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 12 weeks we will provide you with a final response and details of how to escalate it further with the appropriate regulatory body.
- Please note that you must refer your complaint within 6 months of the date on our final response.
Any reference to “we” or “us” means Ultimate Finance Group Limited company registration number 04350565 registered office address Unit 1 Westpoint Court, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4PY and its subsidiaries, including Ashley Finance Limited and Ashley Business Finance Limited.
We observe the highest standards of practice in all our activities and treat all the personal information we collect in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential. None of the personal information you disclose to us will be disclosed to anyone other than in exceptional circumstances, as permitted by law or as described below.
This policy sets out how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ultimate Finance Group Limited.
How we will collect your information
We collect information about you in a number of ways:
- information you provide to us through our website (www.ashleyfinance.co.uk) and applications;
- information you provide through communications with us; and
- from outside sources such as banks and credit reference agencies.
In addition to the personal and financial information you submit (or we collect), we may collect information about your computer. For details on the information collected in this way please see our Cookies policy.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, personal information will not be kept longer than is reasonably necessary.
How we will use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you and where you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please contact the Marketing Department at Linden House, Almondsbury Business Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4QH.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- Where you have confirmed to us that you are happy for us to do so.
- To other subsidiaries of Ultimate Finance Group Limited.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When we engage third party suppliers to host and manage our site and as such they will require access to your personal data.
Transfer of information
We may transfer your personal information abroad to other countries outside of the UK. If we so do we will ensure that the country to which your information is transferred, ensures an adequate level of protection which is at least as good as those in the UK.
Access to your information – subject access requests
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request. You can make a request by writing to the Group’s Data Protection Officer, Ashley Finance Limited/Ashley Business Finance Limited, 8th Floor, Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3FX. A fee of £10 is payable.
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is inaccurate.
You also have a right to request Credit Reference Agencies to provide you with information that they hold about you. You must contact them directly to do this. A fee may be payable.
Need to speak to us?
You can email us at email@example.com